No party is complete without delicious appetizers and finger foods. Here are a couple easy and delicious recipes that will leave your guests asking you for the recipes!
Healthy French Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs, we recommend basil, oregano or thyme
- 1 ½ cups of plain Greek yogurt
- chopped veggies and your favorite type of chips for dipping
- Sauté onion, fresh herbs along with a little salt and pepper in a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook with lid on for around 10 to 15 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking till the onion has browned.
- Remove onion mix from heat and add to bowl with Greek yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Serve with veggies, chips and crackers.
Prosciutto e Melone
- 1 honeydew melon
- prosciutto, thinly sliced
- fresh mint, optional
- Remove fruit from melon with a baller.
- Wrap each ball with a slice of prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint, if desired
- ½ loaf of crusty bread such as French baguette or ciabiatta
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice the bread as thinly as possible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet, and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- After preparing your crostini, you can top them with any number of ingredients, such as goat cheese and figs; or cream cheese and smoked salmon. Or to find other crostini topping ideas, please visit here.